2000 Annual Report of Tomsk IEEE AP/ED/MTT/COM/EMC Chapter, Russian Section
1. Financial report for 2000
Tomsk AP/ED/MTT/COM/EMC Chapter was established on January 5, 2000 so we have not the rebate money as well as another IEEE funds.
End of Year Balance (as expected on 31 December 2000): $ -304.00
2. Activity report for 2000
1) The Sixth IEEE-Russian scientific-practical conference of students, graduate students and young scientific "Modern technique and technology" (MTT'2000).
Techn. Sponsorship: IEEE Electron Devices Society
VENUE: Tomsk, Tomsk Polytechnic University
DATE: February, 27 - March 3
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 400
2) Siberian Russian Student Workshops and Tutorials on Electron Devices and Materials EDM-2000 (co-organization and participate)
VENUE: Novosibirsk State Technical University, Novosibirsk
DATE: September 19-21
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 80
3) The joint Meeting of Tomsk IEEE Chapter with Tomsk IEEE Student Branch.
CONTENT: videotype short course 1994 IEDM "B. Advanced device characterization and test methodologies".
Sponsorship: IEEE Electron Devices Society
VENUE: Tomsk, Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics (TUSUR)
DATE: April 25
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 45
4) Siberian Polarization Workshop (SIBPOL)
CONTENT: Reports and lectures of scientists from Siberian Polarization School and professors from the Netherlands.
DATE: August 14
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 40
5) The joint Meeting of Tomsk IEEE Chapter with Tomsk IEEE Student Branch.
CONTENT: a) information of Dr. O. Stukach about participate at the IEEE Region 8 Student Branch Congress in Eindhoven, the Netherlands May 15-20, 2000; b) information of Prof. G. Sharygin about new IEEE members
DATE: May 30
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 30
(3) SOCIAL ACTIVITIES (fund raising events, pizza parties, dances, etc.)
6) The joint Meeting of Tomsk IEEE Chapter with Tomsk IEEE Student Branch.
CONTENT: presentation of Tomsk IEEE Student Branch. Pizza-party
DATE: September 27
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 120
7) The joint Meeting of Tomsk IEEE Chapter with Tomsk IEEE Student Branch.
CONTENT: a) Lection "IEEE - Networking the World" by O. Stukach; b) information of Dr. O. Stukach about participate at the 2000 IEEE Divisions I & IV Region 8 Chapters Meeting, Paris; c) discussion; d) awards party
DATE: November 15
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 70
(4) OTHER ACTIVITIES
8) Student Radioengineering Contest (SCR 2000) CONTENT: All-Russian Contest among students on radioengineering specialties (200700, 201500, 201100, 230200, 201600, 071500).
Co-sponsorship: IEEE Communications Society
DATE: September 26-27
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 20
9) Establishment of e-mail list http://subscribe.ru/catalog/tech.siberia/
CONTENT: E-mail list of Tomsk IEEE Chapter & International Relations Division of TUSUR activity.
DATE: July 27
NUMBER OF RECIPIENTS: 792 at the beginning of November (approx. +4 every day).
TOTAL: (1) - 2 ; (2) - 3; (3) - 2; (4) - 2
Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics
TUSUR, 40 Lenin Avenue, Tomsk, 634050, Russia
Number of chapter members - 13