1. Activity report for 2004
All reports during year was submitted via L-31 form.
1) Siberian Polarization Workshop (SIBPOL-2004)
VENUE: Surgut State University, Surgut, Russia
DATE: September 7-9, 2004
Sponsorship: TU/Delft, the Netherlands
2) Siberian Russian Student Workshops and Tutorials on Electron Devices and Materials EDM-2004 (co-organization and participate)
VENUE: Novosibirsk State Technical University, Novosibirsk
DATE: July 2-5
3) The IEEE-Siberian Conference on Electron Devices and Materials (SIBEDEM-2004)
VENUE: Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU)
DATE: April 14-15, 2004
Techn. Sponsorship: ED-S
4) Student Paper Contest on Information Security (SIBINFO-2004)
CONTENTS: All-Russian Contest among students on IT specialties according the IEEE Region 8 rules.
Techn. co-sponsorship: Communications Society
VENUE and sponsor: Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics (TUSUR)
DATE: April 20-21, 2004
ATTENDANCE: Members: 11, Guests: 135
5) The 10th IEEE-Russian scientific-practical conference of students, graduate students and young scientific "Modern technique and technology"
DATE: April 12-16, 2004
6)-18) Tomsk IEEE Scientific Seminar.
DATES: 02/14/2004, 02/17/2004, 02/28/2004, 03/13/2004, 03/27/2004, 04/10/2004, 04/17/2004, 04/24/2004, 05/15/2004, 05/29/2004, 09/18/2004, 10/09/2004, 11/13/2004
(3) SOCIAL ACTIVITIES (fund raising events, pizza parties, dances, etc.)
(4) OTHER ACTIVITIES
19) Participate of Prof. G.S. Sharygin, Dr. M.E. Rovkin, Dr. O.V. Stukach at the European Microwave Week and Chapter Chairs Meeting in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, October 11-15, 2004.
TOTAL: (1) - 3 ; (2) - 15; (3) - 0; (4) - 1
IEEE Publications about our activities in 2004:
O.V. Stoukatch, "ED Tomsk Student Branch". In IEEE R8 Newsletter, vol. 7, N 1, January 2004, p. 18-19.
O. Stoukatch, A. Shelupanov, and E. Golovin, "Student Paper Contest on Information Security SIBINFO". In IEEE Communications Magazine, February 2004. Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 27-30.
O.V. Stoukatch, "Student Paper Contest on Information Security". In IEEE R8 Newsletter, vol. 7, N 3, September 2004, p. 9.
For the next year our Chapter is planning to take part in organization and participation in the IEEE-Siberian workshop of students, post-graduate students and young researches in Communications and Control (SIBCON) and the Student Paper Contest on the Information Security (SIBINFO). This is the main events among other our Chapter activities. Other planning activities for the next year are:
- providing information in TUSUR and TPU about IEEE and benefits of IEEE membership;
- participating in contests;
- recruiting new members;
- contacts with other Chapters in Russia and abroad.
The primary purpose of our Chapter is attracting new members. The specific goals for coming years are participating in conferences, promotion IEEE activities in Siberia and looking for a sponsorship of our events.
3. Officer report for 2004
Chair Oleg V. Stukach
Vice-Chair Evgeniy D. Golovin
Secretary/Treasurer Oleg V. Stukach
Membership Activity Alexander A. Shelupanov
Profess. Activity German S. Sharygin
Education Activity Dmitry M. Glukhov
Student Activity Dmitry M. Glukhov
GOLD Evgeniy D. Golovin
Webmaster Dmitry V. Baranov
Tomsk Polytechnic University
TPU, 30 Lenin Avenue, Tomsk, 634050, Russia
Signature: Oleg V. Stukach
Senior Member, IEEE
Date: November 26, 2004