1. Activity report for 2005
All reports during year was submitted via L-31 form.
1) Siberian Russian Student Workshops and Tutorials on Electron Devices and Materials EDM-2005 (co-organization and participate)
VENUE: Novosibirsk State Technical University, Novosibirsk
DATE: July 2-5
2) IEEE International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications SIBCON-2005
VENUE: Tomsk Polytechnic University (TPU)
DATE: October 21-22, 2005
Techn. Sponsorship: ComSoc, MTT-S
3) Student Paper Contest on Information Security (SIBINFO-2005)
CONTENTS: All-Russian Contest among students on IT specialties according the IEEE Region 8 rules.
Techn. co-sponsorship: Communications Society
VENUE and sponsor: Tomsk State University of Control Systems and Radioelectronics
DATE: April 19-20, 2005
ATTENDANCE: Members: 11, Guests: 135
4) The 10th IEEE-Russian scientific-practical conference of students, graduate students and young scientific "Modern technique and technology" (MTT'2005).
VENUE: Tomsk, Tomsk Polytechnic University
DATE: April 12-16, 2005
5-21) Tomsk IEEE Scientific Seminar.
DATES: 01/15/2005, 02/05/2005, 02/19/2005, 02/26/2005, 03/19/2005, 04/02/2005, 04/16/2005, 04/30/2005, 05/14/2005, 05/28/2005,
06/04/2005, 09/24/2005, 10/01/2005, 10/29/2005, 11/30/2005, 12/03/2005, 12/17/2005.
PROGRAM: See L-31 forms
ATTENDANCE: Members: 5-10, Guests: 12-25
(3) SOCIAL ACTIVITIES (fund raising events, pizza parties, dances, etc.)
(4) OTHER ACTIVITIES
22) Participate of Prof. G.S. Sharygin, Dr. L.I. Babak at the European Microwave Week and Chapter Chairs Meeting in Paris, France,
October 2-7, 2005.
TOTAL: (1) - 2 ; (2) - 19; (3) - 0; (4) - 1
IEEE Publications about our activities in 2005:
O.V. Stukach, "GOLD in Siberia". In IEEE R8 Newsletter, vol. 8, N 1, January 2005, p. 5.
O.V. Stoukach, "The AP/ED/MTT/COM/EMC Tomsk Chapter". In ED-S Newsletter, vol. 12, N 2, April 2005, p. 25.
O.V. Stukach, "The AP/ED/MTT/COM/EMC Tomsk Chapter". In ED-S Newsletter, vol. 12, N 3, July 2005, p. 21-22.
For the next year our Chapter is planning to take part in organization and participation in the IEEE-Siberian workshop of students, post-graduate students and young researches in Communications and Control (SIBCON) and the Student Paper Contest on the Information Security (SIBINFO). This is the main events among other our Chapter activities. Other planning activities for the next year are:
- providing information in TUSUR and TPU about IEEE and benefits of IEEE membership;
- participating in contests;
- recruiting new members;
- contacts with other Chapters in Russia and abroad.
The primary purpose of our Chapter is attracting new members. The specific goals for coming years are participating in conferences, promotion IEEE activities in Siberia and looking for a sponsorship of our events.
3. Officer report for 2005
Chair Oleg V. Stukach
Vice-Chair Evgeniy D. Golovin
Secretary/Treasurer Olesya A. Kozhemyak
Membership Activity Alexander A. Shelupanov
Profess. Activity German S. Sharygin
Education Activity Dmitry M. Glukhov
Student Activity Dmitry M. Glukhov
GOLD Oleg V. Stukach
Webmaster Dmitry V. Baranov
Tomsk Polytechnic University
TPU, 30 Lenin Avenue, Tomsk, 634050, Russia
Number of chapter members - 53
Signature: Oleg V. Stukach
Senior Member, IEEE
Date: December 9, 2005